Download the Internal Audit Checklist Template that has been created to assist in performing and internal audit. Every internal audit is different within each organization. The common threads with regard to company audits will question various processes
How To Write
Step 1 – Section (column) 1 – Audit Point – Questions, Instructions or Prompt
- This section will address processes such as:
- Planned internal audit intervals
- Established Requirements
- Consideration of past internal audits
- Maintaining internal audit records
- Follow up , verification and proper reporting
- Continual improvements
Step 2 – Section (column) 2- What To Look for –
- Once you’ve read each question, refer to column 2 so that you will know what to look for in order to properly evaluate each question posed.
- Each block will provide you with information with regard to what you should look for. Although this is not a comprehensive or prescriptive document, it can be customized to your company. Basically, however, the questions and requirements will be the same
Step 3 – Section 3 – Audit Evidence (Auditor’s Notes) –
- Once you have read the question and referred to the second column in order to assist in understanding what to look for, the third column will provide space for the auditor to record notes and evidence.
- This list of internal auditing questions is 31 questions long. Remember you may change what doesn’t apply and more questions may be added if necessary