1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

The Alaska minor child power of attorney, as stated in 13.26.020, allows for a parent to delegate the guardian rights of their child(ren) to someone else. The guardian bears all the parental guidance and decision making authority for any issue except adoption or consenting to a marriage. The form is only valid for one (1) year before it has to be renewed by both parties.

AS 13.26.020

  • Delegation of powers by parent or guardian

A parent or a guardian of a minor or incapacitated person, by a properly executed power of attorney, may delegate to another person, for a period not exceeding one year, any powers regarding care, custody, or property of the minor child or ward, except the power to consent to marriage or adoption of a minor ward.