Download the Target Job Application Form that is made available nationwide, for those who may be interested in any position from associate to management. Complete the application and turn into any Target store for consideration. Your application is held for 90 days, if you are still interested and have not heard from anyone, apply again. This action does not mean you’ve been denied.
How To Write
Step 1 – Section 1 – Your Details –
This section will require personal contact information in the event you need to be contacted for interview –
- Email Address
- Zip Code
- Phone Number
- Cell Number
- If you are under 21 provide your date of birth
Step 2 – Section 2 – Employment Details –
- Name of Current Store applying for
- If interested in applying for more than one location specify locations
- Name of New Store applying for
- Indicate what type of store based position you’re applying for – check one
- For store management employment or office based employment, you must visit the web site
- Select what type of employment you would prefer – check one
- List your employment history – include volunteer work –
- Dates Employed
- Reason for leaving
- Have you previously been employed with Target? – check one – If yes, advise when, where, and your reason for leaving
Step 3 – Section 3 – Educational Details –
- Are you currently studying?
- If you’ve answered no, what was the highest level of education completed?- Secondary – Higher Education
- If you’ve answered yes, what level are you currently studying? – Secondary – Higher Education
- You will need to list list any training courses / qualifications that you are currently undertaking or have already completed
Step 4 – Section 4 – Achievements/Interestes –
- List any achievements i.e. employment, education, personal or sporting
- List your hobbies, interests or involvements
Step 5 – Section 5 – Availability –
You will need to indicate the days and times you will be able to work. Note that you will not necessarily be asked to work all the hours you are available. The information enables us to source employment opportunities according to availability for each employee:
- In the chart, enter the hours you would be available each day of the week
- Indicate the amount of hours you will be able to work in a 7 day period and check one
- If interested in Christmas work, indicate your availability during this period – check the boxes that apply
- If you have specified holidays, specify them here
Step 6 – Section 6 – References –
You will nee to list the details of two referees who can be contacted to provide either employment or character references. Where employment referees may not be available, references may include a contact from school/university i.e. teacher or family friend as a character reference
- Relationship with reference
- Reference Position
- Telephone Number
- Reference Email address
- References will only be checked following an actual interview
Step 7 – Section 7 – Questions –
- What do you perceive as good customer service?
- What are some of your traits that makes you an ideal candidate for a customer service position?
- What does teamwork mean to you?
- Why do you believe safety is important in the workplace?
Enter all responses in appropriate boxes with the questions –
Step 8 – Section 8 – Right to Work Details –
Are you an Australian or New Zealand permanent resident? – check yes or no- if no – proceed to section 9 – if yes- Please note you will be required to provide proof of your residency status (Visa and Passport) if you are successful through the interview process.
- What hours does your Visa allow you to work each week – check appropriate boxes
Step 9 – Section 9 – Disclosure of Pre-Existing Injury or Illness –
- Do you have any pre-existing illness or injury which may impact on your ability to safely perform the inherent requirements of the position(s) for which you have applied? (The inherent requirements of this position include repetitive actions and physical work involving lifting and/or standing for long periods.)- check yes or no
- If the answer to the above question is “yes”, then please disclose details of how the illness or injury might affect your ability to safely perform the role(s) (eg. in relation to lifting or carrying weights, bending, pulling, twisting, standing or sitting etc).
- If required, do you consent to having a medical examination to determine your capacity to safely perform the inherent requirements of the position for which you have applied?- check yes or no
Step 10 – Section 10 – Privacy Statement –
Prior to providing any signatory information, you must read all of section 10. If you do agree and understand provide the following:
- Printed Name
- Applicant’s Signature
- Date of Signature
- Ask Interviewer for a copy of the last page