1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

Download the Alaska Application for Title and Registration, also known as ‘Form 812’, which is used anytime you are requesting an original title or registration in Alaska or are transferring a vehicle to another person.


Secondary Serial Number – Normally found on motorhomes, motorcycles and reconstructed vehicles.

Unit Number – Used for businesses that have an internal reference number. The maximum number of characters allowed is seven numbers and/or letters. These are entered as a courtesy to our customers.

Odometer – Must be in miles. Do not guess. If you do not know, check the vehicle before completing this portion of the application. To convert kilometers to miles, multiply the number of kilometers by .62.

Company name – This is for ownership purposes only, not where you work. Your taxpayer ID number is required before your transaction can be processed.

DOT number – Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number.

Ownership – Alaska allows up to four owners. The title will show all the names; however, only two names will appear on the registration. The names that appear in section 2 will show on the registration. If there are additional owners, enter their information in the affidavit (section 9). You must provide your Alaska driver license or state identification number, date of birth or social security number. If you do not, we will not be able to process your application.

Physical address – Must be a physical location. Mail caches are not acceptable. If you do not have a street address, enter a mile post and highway name, or another type of physical description.

Lien holder – This is the name of the individual or business you are making payments to. If you do not owe anyone for the vehicle, you must write the word “NONE” in this section. N/A is not acceptable. Section 6 & 7 – These are only to be completed when they apply to the specific vehicle.

Affidavit – When you wish to transfer specialty plates, request special plates, add more than two owners to a title or other important information.

Signature – If there is no change from the ownership document (title or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin) being submitted, only one owner must sign. If there is a change, all owners must sign. (Example: Assignment on title is made to John and Jane Doe. You want the title to read John OR Jane Doe. Both John and Jane must sign the application to make this change.) If you use a power of attorney, the correct way to sign is as follows: Jane Doe by John Doe, POA