Download the Project Checklist Template that has been created specifically to keep project planning and execution on task. This checklist will address everything from initial planning and milestones to project organization and more.
How To Write
Step 1- Section 1 – Project Scope –
- This section will address the scope of the project that is being planned
- At this stage, simply read the questions and answer by circling Y or N for yes or no.
Step 2 – Section 2 – Deliverables –
- This section has only one question
- Is there a list of all the deliverables for the project? Answer by circling Y or N for yes or no
Step 3 – Section 3 – Completion Criteria –
- Is the completion criteria clearly defined? Answer by circling Y or N
Step 4 – Section 4 – Acceptance Criteria –
- Is the acceptance criteria clearly defined? Answer by circling Y or N
Step 5 – Section 5 – Project Schedule (WBS)
- This section of the project checklist addresses several aspects of need within the project proper.
- Read and answer each question Y or N
- Assign knowledgeable people (to your particular project) to assist with the tasks that need attention to details that have not yet been addressed
Step 6 – Section 6 – Milestones and Dates-
- Have key milestones & dates been identified in the plan?
- These are the key points at which they project will be reviewed for performance?
- Answer each question with a circle around Y or N
Step 7 – Section 7 – Resources –
- This section addresses resource requirements, how many people, assigning people according to their specific skills, etc. Answer all questions with Y or N.
Step 8 – Section 8 – Project Organization –
- This section asks about assigning roles and Organizational Chart production, answer with Y or N.
Step 9 – Section 9 – Plan Updates –
- This section asks about updates to the project (answer Y or N)
- This section also provides a block where other relevant information can be noted.
- Once you have answered the questions and studied the answers, you will begin to have an opportunity to implement the project completely.