Download this Accounting Balance Sheet Template that is a very simple blank sheet for the user to customize according to their own income and expenditures. If the form is used for business the user would most likely choose to itemize the accounts to be monitored and balanced and perhaps use separate sheets for separate accounts. This form is completely blank and therefore can be used as the user chooses.
How To Write
Step 1 – Section 1 (blank area at the top of the page)
- At the top of the page, the user would like choose to place either their name and the name of the account and the date.
- If the user is accounting for company funds, assets, liabilities, it’s suggested that the company name and the controller/bookkeeper’s name be placed at the top of the page
Step 2 – Lower Columns –
- Depending upon what type of accounting for which this sheet is being used, would determine how to set it up.
- If the form is being used, for example, by an individual who is tracking a bank account, begin with the month’s ending balance and place the unrecorded information, i.e.; debits from a debit card, drafts that are in the process of being taken from auto bill pay and any possible fees. Then calculate accordingly.
- Name the items on the left and place the dollar amount on the right in the smaller blocks.
- The same could occur with a business bank account. However, for example, if a restaurant uses more than one vendor for food purchases that are delivered each week, that bookkeeper or owner may wish to set the sheet up according to expenditures by company to track food costs. An auto parts store may wish to do the same for parts costs to balance profit and loss
- The choice is up to the accountant as to how this sheet would be used for accounting. It’s a versatile accounting sheet and has many potential uses.