Download the Real Estate Closing Checklist Template that is designed to assist real estate broker and buyer to keep track of the many steps it takes to get to and accomplish the closing process. Work through this check list to keep the process in order. This checklist will make closing, a much easier experience.
How To Write
Step 1 – Section 1 – Checklist Tasks –
- Complete tasks 1 through 6 as follows:
- 1. Collect a deposit/earnest money check from potential buyers – complete a., b., and c. in this section as well
- 2. Multiple Listing Service- Complete the “computer” list a. through c.
- Complete Forms a. and b.
- 3. Place sold sign on the property
- 4. Order termite inspection and complete a. through c. in this section
- 5. Property Inspection – order any needed repairs and check a. through i.
Step 2 – Section 7 – Arrange Transfer or Utilities –
- Complete the utilities chart:
- Change Date
Step 3 – Section 8 – Insurance
- Implement Insurance:
Step 4 – Section 9 – Loan Application
- Complete the following loan application information:
- Loan Assumption Prorate Interest
- First Mortgage
- Second Mortgage
Step 5 – Section 10 – Order Deed Preparation –
- Complete a. through c.
Step 6 – Section 11 – Survey
- Order Survey
Step 7 – Section 12 – Rental Information –
- Complete a. through e.
Step 8 – Section 13 – Condominiums –
- Complete a. through d.
Step 9 – Section 14 – Review Sales Contract –
- Review sales contract to be sure all contingencies have been met
Step 10 – Section 15 – Seller Sign Lease
- Seller sign lease agreement if remaining in house/condo
Step 11 – Section 16 – Closing Statement Review
- Complete a. through h.
Step 12 – Section 17 – Keys
- a. Acquire keys from seller
- b. Provide keys to buyer
Step 13 – Closing is Complete
- Send Thank You letters to buyer and seller
- Follow up periodically to see that all changes have gone well
- Disburse funds to
- a. selling agent
- b. listing agent
- c. referral
- Date mm/dd/yyyy