Download the Big Lots Job Application Form that is available for anyone who may be interested in working with this company, may apply for job consideration. Once the form is completed, take it to your nearest Big Lots for management’s review. This company considers employing those who are sometimes less employable. There is an added for to complete that will outline the conditions in which you may or may not be eligible.
How To Write
Step 1 – Section 1 – Personal Data
This section would require your personal information –
- Name – Last, First, Middle
- Contact Phone Number
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Position you would be interested in
- Salary Hour/Year – circle one
- Are you under the age of 18- yes or no
- If yes, what is your age?
- Have you ever worked for Big Lots before?- check yes or no – If yes- when and where?
- When can you work? – check one
- Have you ever been convicted of a violent crime (i.e., assault, battery, murder, etc.),- a retail related crime (i.e., shoplifting, credit card fraud, robbery, theft, burglary, etc.), or a drug trafficking/distribution? – check yes or no
- If yes, explain and use an extra sheet if needed
Step 2 – Section 2 – Education –
Provide information with regard to your particular level of education –
- Type of school -
- Name of School -
- Location of School -
- Area of Study -
- Last Year Completed -
- Did you earn a degree or diploma? – check yes or no
Step 3 – Section 3 – References –
You will be required to list names of three people we may contact who have knowledge of your job-related skills. No relatives will be acceptable as references –
- Telephone Contact Number or Email Contact
Step 4 – Section 4 – Employment History –
List all employment, beginning with your current or most recent employer to include military and self employment. If you’re currently employed, please advise as to whether or not we have permission to contact your employer for references – check yes or no – May we contact your place of employment? – check yes or no –
- Name of present or last employer
- City, State, Zip
- Phone Number with area code
- Job Title with responsibilities
- Was your position full or part time? – check one
- Reason for leaving- check one and explain
- From and To – Month and Year
- SUpervisor’s Name
- Starting Salary
- Last Salary
- All references will be required to be in the above format
Step 5 – Section 5 – Signature-
Read all of the information as stated prior to providing signature. If you aren’t certain you understand any of this, ask your interviewer. Once you feel you are clear in understanding and if you agree, provide the applicant’s signature and the date of signature.
Step 6 – Section 6 – Complete Form 8850
This form is also known as Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit Simply complete the personal information at the top. Read the information and check what applies to you and sign. This form could be beneficial for anyone who may otherwise experience difficulty in acquiring employment. The very last block of the 8850 should not be completed by they applicant as this is reserved only for the Employer.
There are other sections of the 8850 that you should read for your information and protection. If you do not have time to read them at the interview, request a copy for further use.