Download the AARP Life Insurance Claim Form that is designed to provide a beneficiary the tools to collect a death benefit left in their name at the time of death of a spouse, child or whomever may have left a life insurance benefit in their name. This packet will offer all of the information needed in order to make claim on the policy.
How To Write
Step 1 – Pages of Instructions and Q&A –
- The first three pages of this packet will have full explanation of how to complete the processes, no matter what the age of the beneficiary (ies).
- Take the time to sit with these pages and read them, read the answers to the FAQ’s. Be certain to read them carefully especially if you are making a claim for a minor child.
- Be certain to collect all supporting documentation keeping in mind that no originals will be returned. Also, each beneficiary must provide a death certificate on their own.
- In the case that the claim will go into a trust, pay specific attention to needed documentation and acquire it so that the funds will be properly transferred.
- Read carefully the State Variations of Fraud Warnings
Step 2 – AARP Death Benefit Claim Form
- Complete the following:
- 1. List only the Contracts under which you are making a claim
- 2. Complete all Deceased Insured Information – Attach copies of police and coroner’s reports and any specific news articles if applicable
- 3. Complete all of the information required in section 3 of the Beneficiary Information required. Provide all information, documentation, check all appropriate boxes, provide social security numbers for all beneficiaries
- 4. Beneficiary’s Signature(s) – Carefully read this section entirely. Once you have read, understand and agree. beneficiary must provide signature and date
- 5.Medical Information and Authorization ( for release) – Be prepared to use extra sheets if necessary – This section only require completions if and or all of the coverage was issued within 2 years of insured’s death
Step 3 -Once completed, send all claim information to:
- New York Life Insurance / AARP Operations
- Attn: Claims Department
- P.O. Box 30713
- Tampa FL 33630-3713